Sunday, February 14, 2010

Esther Short Park, Vancouver, WA

I decided to take a walk through Esther Short Park today, and distribute my crochet hearts. Here are the results:

Esther Short Park - Statue
This is a statue of Capt. George Vancouver.

Esther Short Park - Tree1
A lonely, bare tree...that is no longer bare!

Esther Short park - statue
A statue in the park of a little girl giving an old man a flower

Esther Short Park dog bag station
The Doggy Bag station...

Esther Short Park - fence
A wrought iron fence on an embellishment near the corner of the park.

Esther Short Park - Tree2
a tree near the bathrooms that looked like it needed a little love!

Esther Short Park Payphone
A payphone in Esther Short Park, near the Playhouse.

I hope that you enjoyed my exploits! I had fun finding the perfect places to drop these beautiful little hearts.
In yarn bombing, one of the good things is that "tags" sometimes don't last very long - someone will remove it and take it home. This is what is intended - and although I'm sad to see a tag gone the day after I put it there, the spot is open for another beautiful tag to go in it's place....for someone else to take joy from!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Valentines Day yarn bombing! Would you like to do an interview for my blog?

    leanne (yarnbombing.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spreading *JOY* and beautiful crochet... what's not to love :) Do you also crochet any apparel?

    ReplyDelete