Thursday, February 11, 2010

My first tag - a fence post hat.

My first crochet tag!

In public yarn art, we call our creations "tags", like graffiti artists. Our tags, though, are removable, soft, cuddly, and they don't damage property. This one started out as a baby hat - but it didn't turn out quite as planned. At least it's not a pile of frog yarn now!
I decided that one of the posts on our new fence around our apartment building looked rather chilly...so I gave it a little hat. The hat was gone the next morning; one of the good and bad things about street art. The bad thing is that it is gone...the good thing is that someone took it and is getting joy from it right now! (And, that spot is free to tag again. Hmmmmm...)
I was thinking of making some Crochet Valkyrie labels in the future...just so whoever picked up my art could come to my blog and tell me how I made their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment